Thursday, March 3, 2011

Emergency Cake, Andre, & Other Pleasant Surprises...

I can't believe its already March! EEEEEEK!

They say the older you get, the faster time goes, but I swear, it seems as if time is barreling forward at warp speed...

So there's only 2 more weeks left of school before the end of the Merch. Marketing program and, ultimately, graduation. Nine months have come and gone and its nearly time to give birth to this new career I've worked so hard and sacrificed so much for.

When someone on the school elevator joked this morning, about seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, I couldn't help but wonder (albeit morbidly) if it truly was the light or just the light from the train bulleting toward you. Though I am rarely prone to such melancholy musings, keep in mind this was at 8am and BEFORE I had my morning coffee.

The point is, its the final lap, and though it seems as if every professor is conspiring to pile on as much work as possible in an oddly Sisyphusian attempt to keep us from the finish line, I just gotta keep reminding myself : "Make it Work"
"What happened to Andre?"




But I digress...

While taking a brain break this evening, I decided to clean out the fridge and "found" some 'secret cake' (a chocolate ganache confection from my Mom's birthday, courtesy of Citizen Cake) squirreled away for emergency use only. So I cut a (thinnish) slice, made some tea, and was looking though some recently  streaming headlines and when this delightful morsel in the Huffington Post caught my eye:

::OMGDROPMYCHOCOLATEFORKONTHEFLOORSWOON::

A modern-day Boudica? Or a Titian come to life?

No one can ever accuse Joan of wearing her heart on her sleeve.

According to the press release, "Designs from the collection are inspired by nature and from symbols of paganism -- the acorn, the oak tree and the heart all feature prominently to represent strength, power and hope for change to make the environment better for the future."

Westwood said, "Christina is the embodiment of beauty and we were delighted to have been able to involve her with this new jewelry collection. Her style is just so complimentary to my designs. She has proved to be the perfect model for the campaign,"

My girl-crush + One of my favorite designers + Pagan inspired jewelery = Happiness Overload. (Which is so much better than dinner at Red Lobster)

1 comment:

Cyn said...

Awesome!